Laser cleaning in railway maintenance applications
China’s railways mainly use seamless rails with a coverage rate of 70%. In the seamless rail production, the key I sequence is rail welding, and the cleaning technology of the rail is very important for the welding.
Traditional polishing faces many problems
1. Deep grinding to ensure cleanliness, but it destroys the curved surface appearance of the rail surface and affects the passenger’s ride comfort.
2. Reduce the amount of sanding to ensure the appearance of the arc surface, but lead to serious rust residue, and buy a huge safety hazard.
3. Consuming a large amount of grinding wheel consumables, which is expensive, has serious environmental pollution, and has serious harm to workers’ health.
4. The work efficiency is low, the cleaning cycle is long, and the labor cost is increased invisibly. Modern laser cleaning brings the gospel
5. The cleaning light source can adapt to the curved surface shape of the rail to minimize the damage of the substrate.
6. Laser cleaning can achieve selective removal of contaminants, improve cleanliness and protect substrates.
7. No green cleaning technology for consumables, eliminating dust pollution and greatly reducing cleaning costs.
8. The cleaning light source can utilize the flexible transmission of optical fiber to cooperate with the robot integration work to improve work efficiency.
Railway maintenance and repair tasks are arduous. As a high-tech cleaning technology in the new era, laser cleaning is crucial to solve the problems of high scrap rate, high cost, and high environmental pollution. It is not only the case, but also related industries. Scientific research and technological progress can bring huge economic and social benefits!